Coconut Marinated Chicken Skewers

Mmmmm.. Coconut Milk!

What could make chicken better then coconut milk, lime and cilantro?

Just look at it, so tender and juicy! Here goes-
Marinade:

2 Chicken breasts cut into think strips
1/2 Can Coconut Milk
Zest of 2 Limes
Big Handful of Cilantro
Pepper

Put all of this into a baggy and let it chill out in the fridge for a few hours. I did it the night before so it was nearly 24 this is why I didn't add the lime juice or the salt as these can change the texture of meat if they get friendly for 2 long in a marinade.


I let the whole breasts marinade but it would have been easier to slice them before hand. Honestly I have never thought that raw chicken was very appealing but this carcass is delicious looking!

When I was ready for dinner I just put the chicken on skewers and bar-b-qued them. While that was on the grill, I roasted some broccoli with a little sesame oil, salt and pepper. The Bar B Q actually took a little longer then expected because it was - 10 and snowing outside, very strange for Vancouver Island!

I topped the Broccoli with sesame seeds and added more cilantro, chopped peanuts and a few squeezes of lime juice to the chicken. It was ridiculously tender- I made sure to cook it just through so it was still juicy- Seriously make this chicken as soon as you can. You will love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment