Roasted Garlic Hummus


Tasty hummus so savory and delicious. What else would I do first with a whole kilo of roasted garlic? Such a power food, chickpeas are loaded with fibre which has been known to fight heart disease and to keep us full longer, it is also leaded in protein, and protein from any plant source is good in my books. I also read that these little suckers help to lower cholesterol and are full of folate to help keep our brains sharp and our skin beautiful. I read all of this from various sources and won't claim any of them are fact but if you do want some info you can check out WHFoods. Anyways hummus is still delicious and a great clean snack.
Here's the recipe:

1 can (about 3 cups) of chick peas
2 heads of roasted garlic
1 lemon (zest and juice)
about 1/4 water
2 tablespoons Olive Oil
s&p

I keep it simple with hummus. Just put the chickpeas, garlic, and lemon zest in a food processor, and buzz it, basically until it stops, when this happens add the olive oil and add water until it gets to the consistency you like, at this time squeeze in the lemon juice and add the salt and pepper. I always just add a little, whiz it up and give it a taste, adding more if I want to.

Serve with pitas, veggies, crackers whatever floats your boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment