Brussell Slaw

I read this idea in a health magazine, but my oh my is it a winner! Probably because they didn't intend on slathering it in a creamy mayo based dressing, but as I always say life is about balance, and this particular practically claimed that Brussell Sprouts are the healthiest thing going. I claim that they are darn tasty! Take a peek:

I have always liked my Brussel Sprouts, but for those of you who don't this is an awesome way to get yours in. And it is totally worth it because they are basically little parcels of healthy vitamins and minerals.

Salad:

5 cups of brussel sprouts
1 carrot
1/4 red onion

Dressing:

1 cup mayo
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
3 tbsp sugar
salt & pepper

I toss the carrot through the food processor on the grate option and then put on the slicer and put trimmed and cleaned brussel sprouts through along with the onion. Mix up the dressing ingredients tasting and adjusting as you see fit. Then toss the veggies through it. I always top my slaw with sunflower seeds, but only at the end otherwise they get all soggy.

No comments:

Post a Comment